BOSTON – Today, Mayor-elect Marty Walsh announced the dates for a series of public hearings hosted by his Transition Committee’s Issues Working Groups. At each of these hearings, Boston residents can attend and share their ideas with the leaders of these Working Groups about how they would improve the City of Boston. These ideas will be collected at each public hearing and integrated into a final presentation that each working group will share with the Mayor at the end of January 2014.
The areas of focus of the Working Groups include:
Arts and Culture; Basic City Services; Economic Development; Education; Energy, Environment and Open Space; Housing; Human Services; Public Health; Public Safety; Transportation and Infrastructure; and Youth.
The confirmed public hearings include:
- Economic Development: Monday, December 9, 2014, 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.; English High School, 144 McBride Street, Jamaica Plain
- Education: Tuesday, December 10, 2013, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.; English High School, 144 McBride Street, Jamaica Plain
- Transportation: Monday, December 16, 2013, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.; Atlantic Wharf, 280 Congress Street
- Environment: Tuesday, December 17, 2013, 7:00 to 9:30 p.m.; English High School, 144 McBride Street, Jamaica Plain
- Public Health: Wednesday, December 18, 2013, 5:30 to 8:00 p.m.; location to be announced
- Human Services: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.; Haitian Multi-Service Center, 185 Columbia Road, Dorchester
Those interested in attending are encouraged to RSVP on www.boston14.org. Those who are unable to attend may submit their ideas online to: www.boston14.org/share-your-ideas.
Additional public hearings will be announced shortly. In addition, the Transition Committee will host one city-wide town hall meeting, at which these working groups – together with any interested Boston residents and stakeholders – can interact with the Mayor-elect and provide input for the incoming administration.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: December 5, 2013
CONTACT: Kate Norton, 617-838-6083, email@example.com